Thursday, September 20, 2012

Here we go...

I'm Kelli.  There are many things about me that I am still discovering and hopefully utilizing this blog space will help me to discover some things.  Some things I already know about myself...

  • I'm 25 years old (26 next month)
  • I'm a mother of a 5 year old beauty (Anahi) and am pregnant with our second beauty, another girl (Aidee).  She will be introducing herself to the world around Thanksgiving.
  • I am married to an amazing man, Josue, who is a patient husband and amazing father.
  • I like to write and draw.
  • I am one of four siblings, and we are all pretty close.
  • I love Jesus.
  • I am an addict.

Just a short list to get started.  This blog, I hope, will be the outlet I need to start to come to terms with that last point there.  I guess the fact that I'm admitting to be one already means I am on my way, but things are still a little messy.  I am still a bit of a mess, which I guess is ok, because who isn't? The part that's not ok, is that I haven't quite learned how to love that mess yet.  I tend to try to shove my mess in the closet or under the bed instead of looking at each individual part of that mess, and putting it where it belongs; in proper perspective.  Possibly being able to, at some point, organize that mess into a lovely thing.  Writing helps me to do this; to be able to stand back, look at all of it, and separate the mistake from the me, instead of looking at me as the mistake. 

This I hope will happen through my writing/venting about my daily struggles, situations, victories, and failures.  It will, I hope, give me the proper perspective while learning how to love the mess that is me. 

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Welcome to blogging. It will be a love/hate relationship sometimes, but I'm crazy glad you're giving it a try :-) And so proud of you for working on you. I loved that separating the mistake from the me instead of looking at me as the mistake. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete